[prads-devel] [Snort-users] This has real potential

Edward Bjarte Fjellskål edward.fjellskal at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Feb 26 23:19:09 CET 2010

Very interesting Alex :)

We aim to do the same with PRADS, only passively.
There is a perl script in early alpha that a sharp friend and
co-worker wrote some weeks back, that takes the sqlite3 db from
prads (prads.db) and turns it in to host_attribute table format.
(http://github.com/gamelinux/prads/blob/master/perl/sbin/snortifyprads.pl)

I'll check out our own alpha and read up om hogger and Joel Esler's
resent post on the week to come, and test things out.

Our aim is to have PRADS run aside with snort, collection valuable
information to feed to snort (and suricate in the future).

Read more about prads here:
http://prads.projects.linpro.no/

Code is hosted on github:
http://gamelinux.github.com/prads/

PRADS is still under development, and this is a bit premature
post for the masses, but hey! If your not a geek, wait until
we post a release :)

PRADS - Passive Real-time Asset Detection System
 - Know your assets!